About the Client
This role is in the Audit & Assurance team of a top 10 professional services business, with a specialism in Financial Services.
Our client takes pride in delivering an excellent client service whilst offering their staff unrivaled development opportunities and benefits. They offer a full range of audit services to clients across a number of sectors and specialisms, variety is for certain. They are committed to offering a work life balance and are at the forefront of agile working in their sector.
This role is based in the Bristol office where you will join a team of c. 50-60 Audit professionals, with a social and friendly atmosphere.
About the Role
The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team usually taking responsibility for day to day running of the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure the audits are of high quality.
This role would suit a newly qualified accountant who is currently in practice or has been in practice then in industry for a maximum of 2 years since. Some experience of Financial Services is required.
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Identify risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises, focused in the Bristol area
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Our client are looking for an experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. You should be a qualified accountant with experience in audit practice (within the last 2 years) or in internal audit in a financial services business
In particular, they are looking for:
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Some experience working with Financial Services clients or in a Financial Services business in internal audit
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience in report writing