About Our Client
Based in Bristol our client is a long-standing and highly respected creative agency. They have an exceptional client base with a truly international flavour and regularly win awards. Business is going well, having doubled in size over the last 3 years they are now looking to expand further.
A full-spectrum agency, they offer a range of on and offline services in design and marketing, from strategy, campaigns and lead generation, to brand building, events, product communications and web builds.
They are proud to be an independent, dynamic and friendly company that really takes care of its staff, offering exciting challenges and room to thrive.
About the role
You’ll be seeking out and cultivating prospects, and helping convert them into clients. Clients whose budgets can range from £50k to £500k and beyond. They cannot stress enough how vital you’ll be to discovering, then pitching and winning new business for the company on a local and international scale.
You’ll work alongside a lead generation agency (you’re expected to seek out and develop your own leads as well) and with the rest of the team on building their marketing and social campaigns. They’ll produce the campaigns and assets, perform the analytics and supply you with leads, where possible.
You’ll also work with a Digital Business Development Executive who will be focused on their backend development business, again on an international platform.
It’s a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and it’s vital you ‘take ownership’ of the activity. Every day, you’ll have the chance to work with some amazing B2B brands, and the freedom to truly make the role your own.
More specifically, the role will include:
- Identify business opportunities, nurture potential relationships and convert those relationships into new business.
- Be the ‘face and voice’ of the company at events, creating valuable business connections.
- Expand and raise the company profile, and prompt dialogue, through general networking.
- Work with the Social Media Executive on LinkedIn, and other social media and promotional avenues.
- Use your own expertise and opinions to generate ideas and topics for thought-leadership articles that you know will help your work, to be written by the copy team.
- Contribute to company news and editorial content.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies alongside the Strategic Planning team.
- With others, plan, develop and implement online and offline marketing campaigns to promote the company and generate new leads.
- Work and cooperate with their lead generation agency, to help assess their output, ensure that your strategies and industry and market focus are aligned, alongside that of the Social Media Executive.
- Work with Strategy and Planning and the Social Media Executive to control any customer relationship management (CRM) systems and data, alongside any marketing automation (MA) software.
- Manage your budget.
- Write proposals and respond to tender documents.
- Present appropriate information to the Board, including sales activity, contacts and appointments made, and recent or up-and-coming pitches.
More about you….
Either you’re already a successful agency new business developer, looking for your next opportunity, have a proven track record of increasing revenue through lead generation and developing new business strategies, and have an exceptional talent for pitching for new business…
…you have the right talent and character to grow and join us on our journey. So, you could have a background in another industry, such as the arts, education, government or the forces. You might come from recruitment, have studied drama, psychology, been a counsellor, worked in account management, another sales environment, or been a creative or account manager. Whatever the case, you’re looking for a completely new challenge.
What you will be
- You’re outgoing and enthusiastic.
- You love making new relationships and connections. You get on with people and thrive in social environments.
- You enjoy finding out about people, what they do, what motivates them, their businesses, their plans, the challenges they face and the opportunities they have.
- You’re entrepreneurial with a willingness to learn, take on new ideas and go out and engage with people at all levels, building relationships and trust.
- You’re a detective, perceptively drawing out opportunities, making connections between the prospect and what we do, then building opportunities.
- You’re a real team player, contributing to best practice and sharing knowledge, resources and ideas, but comfortable working alone when required.
- You could have a proven track record of increasing revenue through lead generation and developing new business strategies, and an exceptional talent for pitching for new business (but not necessarily).
- You want to gain outstanding commercial awareness.
- You already do or want to understand online and offline media, branding, digital marketing and e-commerce strategies. If that means extra-curricular study, then you will do it.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills and an all-round ability to communicate confidently with clients, marketers and decision-makers at all levels.
- You really enjoy presenting because you are good at it, and if necessary, can help and motivate others who are less confident.
- A competitive salary, based on skills and experience
- A company car
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus Bank Holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Maternity and paternity benefits
- Healthcare cash plan
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle-to-work scheme with secure cycle parking (and a shower at the office!)
- Retail and gym discounts
- Access to independent financial advice
- Frequent social events
- As much tea and coffee, and as many biscuits as a human can handle
- An all-round wonderful place to work, in the great city of Bristol, with lovely people who are passionate about what they do, but have fun while they do it