About Our Client
Our client is a leading Bristol mid-tier law firm, which comprises 135 fee earners and support staff delivering advice and guidance from six offices across the city. The Bristol Law Society’s firm of the year in 2015, they offer a comprehensive range of legal services to both individuals and businesses across the South West and nationwide. They specialise in family law, residential property, wills, trusts & probate, employment law, commercial services and also have a nationally respected medical and clinical negligence team. Far from being a stuffy, rigid law firm, they have a fresh and modern approach that sets them apart from their competitors.
About the role
In this role you will work closely with the management board to develop strategic plans to deliver growth and develop strong relationships with existing clients and identify opportunities with new prospective clients.
More specifically, the role will include:
- Develop strategic plans working with the board including advising on matters where necessary
- Support the implementation of business development plans in line with the firm’s objectives
- Work collaboratively with the Client Relationship Team & Marketing team
- Oversee firm wide Business Development activities such as legal directory submissions, website material, events and management of the B2B element of the CRM database
- Work towards generating new business and identifying opportunities for new clients
More about you….
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager who will have a track record in business development and/or sales within the legal industry.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- New business development experience within the legal environment
- Entrepreneur and growth focused
- Articulate with strong presentation skills
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Experience of organising events and seminars
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) the role holder will have proven experience in business development
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work well within a team but also independently
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to convey information accurately and make self-understood
- Can communicate with people at all levels – has excellent communicational and interpersonal skills.
- Able to be fully productive without being prompted and produces good quality work within own abilities
- Listens carefully to employees or any client situation and needs, asks relevant questions and records information correctly
- Ability to work calmly and maintain a disciplined approach to the task under the pressure of deadlines and/or changing objectives
- Able to identify recurring problems within own area of work and take appropriate action.
- Ability to use own initiative in making sound decisions