About the Client
Our client is a full service law firm, their firm-wide core values of teamwork and collaboration, putting the client at the centre of the firm and taking a commercial approach ensure a dedicated and expert service to all of their clients.
With over 400 members of staff across four offices in the UK, they are a medium size national law firm with a commitment to the training and development of their employees at all levels.
Their Corporate team is expanding and they are looking for an experienced Corporate Lawyer to join them. Working with a range of clients, including banks & finance houses; charities & social enterprises and SME's the successful candidate will be advising on a broad range of areas, and working with a number of experts across the firm.
About the Team
Our Corporate team is made up of 11 Partners and 21 other corporate lawyers and professionals across Offices, working collaboratively across offices in an open plan environment.
To become an integral member of the Corporate Team, be willing and able to accept responsibility at an early stage, lead and manage own smaller transactions and matters under appropriate supervision, and to support other team members on larger transactions and matters.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
A role for a solicitor wishing to undertake general corporate work within the Corporate Team, this will include;
- Sales and purchases of shares and assets,
- Management buy outs and buy ins,
- Joint ventures and shareholders agreements,
- Venture capital and private equity investments,
- Partnership and LLP work,
- Company secretarial advice and support
- Re-organisations and related advice
- General corporate advisory work.
The role will also involve supporting other offices, as well as other teams within the firm where corporate support is required (e.g. Tax, Banking, Employment, Commercial Property etc.).
The candidate should be self-disciplined and able to manage their own matters (where appropriate under supervision), able to prioritise and manage projects, and work with other advisory teams (such as Corporate Finance advisors and accountants etc.) The successful candidate will be actively encouraged to take part in networking and other marketing activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with colleagues and clients
- Draft documents that are clear and concise
- Have effective project, prioritisation and transaction management skills
- Support and lead negotiations where appropriate
- Research the relevant legal issues applicable to a matter
- Develop strong client relationships and relationships with members of advisory teams
- Interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action
- Have good advocacy and present orally when required
- Full time with flexible options - home working, late/early start time
- Part time - 3 or 4 days per week or 5 days per week with school hours (9:30am - 2:30pm)
- Applicants from career break returners are also welcomed and they will be given support to return to work