About the Client
Our client is a top 10 professional services business. This role is in their Global Outsourcing team in an exciting, dynamic and fast-growing environment. Their clients are typically large organisations that require them to provide a suite of services on a year-round basis.
The role will be based in the Bristol office, working within the Global Business Services team within Global Outsourcing, which currently consists of a team of 45 including one partner and two directors.
Our client is looking for an additional director to join the team to develop and implement the strategy through thinking ahead and proactively providing ways to grow and improve the business, taking initiative to deliver change and challenge strategic plans where necessary and help oversee the operational model.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Support Partner and directors to develop the strategy and implement the business plan
- Take leadership of own strategic focus area and deliver plan
- Lead a portfolio of international clients, focusing on exceptional client service and efficient delivery of services
- Strong management of profitability of client portfolio, identifying out of scope fees. Seek and implement innovative ways in which to improve financial performance
- Build strong relationships at the highest level within existing clients to generate new opportunities
- Undertake business development activities generating new opportunities by developing a network of contacts to manage a pipeline and sell services. Collaborate with other service lines
- Effectively manage business risk, constantly promoting the firm’s risk management policies and seek to improve quality at all times
- People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion
- Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals and link with business objectives
- Continue your own professional development throughout your career, building on your technical, leadership, project management and communication skills.
Required Knowledge and Experience
You will have spent a significant proportion of your career working within an accountancy practice but may well also have experience of working in industry or other commercial environment. In particular, they are looking for:
- ACA / ACCA qualified or equiv.
- Significant experience of delivering international accounting projects with operations in different countries
- Managing and developing staff i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising and recruiting
- Experience in delivering business development activities
- Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams within a project management framework