About the client
They are one of the largest dedicated Drupal development agencies in the UK, based in Central Bristol. Since 2004 they have established a great reputation for delivering smart technical solutions for a wide range of clients, from financial service giants to charities, NGOs and local government organisations.
They work on a range of projects from simple website builds to complex web applications, and they're currently gearing up to begin some really ambitious and challenging new projects.
They take an active part in the Drupal community and set aside time in their schedules for contributions, such as dedicated sprint days, participating in issue queues, helping with Drupal core initiatives, and attending Drupal events across Europe.
About the role
They offer a competitive salary and a relaxed, friendly work environment. They promote informal training and knowledge sharing through skill-swaps and peer reviews, and they mentor new team members to become confident Drupal community members and contributors. You will be working alongside other team members to build, configure and support websites for a wide range of clients.
The role will include:
- Working individually or as part of a small project team
- Producing high quality, technically challenging Drupal websites
- Maintaining existing Drupal websites
- Working with external agencies and service providers
- Using time- and issue-tracking software for personal time management
- A focus on high code quality through adherence to standards and team code reviews
- Working with the Drupal community to contribute Drupal modules and themes
- Communicating directly with clients to ensure the best possible solution is provided
- Contributing to client meetings and workshops, and explaining technical concepts to non-technical people
You should have experience:
- Site-building and front-end development using Drupal CMS
- Using a VCS, such as git
- Creating and theming CMS templates in HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of responsive design techniques
- Experience with a templating language such as twig
Bonus points for:
- Contributions to the Drupal community
- Working with web-services or 3rd party APIs, using JSON or XML
A few perks
- Brilliant central location in an iconic building with amazing views.
- A friendly and supportive work environment with regular knowledge-sharing events between team members.
- Annual budget for training and personal development.
- Opportunities to gain professional certifications and qualifications.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions.
- Flexible working arrangements considered.
- Employee Assistance Scheme.
- Holiday buy-back options.
- Your choice of hardware to work on.
- Regular team socials.
- ‘Bike hub’ with showers, lockers, and space to lock up your bike.
= Top-quality freshly-ground coffee.
- A well-stocked supply of drinks and snacks.