The Governance, Standards and Estate Management role is accountable for governing architecture, driving adoption of standards and managing the long term health of the IT estate.
Key responsibilities of the role are to:
- Own the overall architecture governance framework and ensure market adoption.
- Own the architecture MI framework for the Group to measure market progress towards target architecture.
- Manage the IT standards lifecycle and ensure any changes are well consulted and communicated.
- Secure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture.
- Administer the Build Permit approvals process and granting and tracking of exceptions.
- Own the overall architecture exceptions process by preparing and running Group Architecture Board. This is the business’ senior technology decision-making gate for funding.
- Ensure that architecture data is captured and maintained for each market to set direction and direct investment using evidenced objectives.
Key Aspects of the Role
- Runs overall governance for architecture across the business, especially Group Architecture Board.
- Sets and define enterprise architecture standards and policies including all aspects of technology, infrastructure, data and digital.
- Standards are in place to optimise development efficiency, reduce integration overhead, increase ease of interoperability, skill-sharing, licence and service cost reduction and IT performance.
- Provide a consistent set of lightweight tools to run governance within platforms and markets that cost.
- Coordinate the update of data into a single architecture repository from all the markets across the business ensuring applications and infrastructure are rated for cost, decommissioning and technical information.
- Lead reporting on architecture health using estate management information to evidence and drive improvements delivered through roadmaps.
- Small team approx. 4 FTE to run governance and estate management.
- Accountable for budget made up of headcount, specialist IT modelling solutions and external research.
- Member of the Group Architecture Leadership Team.
- Expected to maintain strong links to other markets to share learning and ensure sharing of best practice.
- Leader capable of bringing the entire team on the journey.
- Good people management capabilities, with the ability to build and develop an outstanding team. Able and willing to bring through the next generation of talent.
- Lower cost per proposition for customers.
- Demonstrated delivery faster, better and cheaper based on modern simple architecture due to adherence to IT strategy.
- Clearly defined architecture roadmaps across all markets and technology unity.
- Clear standards in place for commodity technologies that can be shared and reused in market.
- Demonstration of effective governance processes in markets to show compliance to standards.
Experience / Skills Required
- Experience of working with senior levels of IT.
- Excellent understanding of IT strategy, architecture models, business model and plans.
- Experience of both line and matrix leadership.
- Strong analytical capability and background.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong relationship management skills at all levels.