Are you looking for your first or second step in a career in accountancy? We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance and whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
Our client values you as an individual and wants you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. They give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working there enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. They recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. They are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Bristol Global Outsourcing team specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
This role would suit a candidate from either practice or industry environment or someone looking to start out on their accountancy career, looking to learn on the job. Working as part of a team you will ensure all client deliverables are met for each project, in line with agreed timetables, and including monthly management reporting, management of payment processing, compliance reporting requirements and payroll. The executive will work with a team of technical and non-technical staff and report up to senior executives and client manager.
In particular, the role will include:
- Posting of purchase invoices and payments into various accounting systems
- Preparation of monthly deliverables including payroll, management reporting and payment files.
- Liaison with local offices to ensure queries are dealt with and review of compliance reporting provided by local teams.
- Working as part of a team to assist senior team members to ensure deliverables are met and exceptional client service is provided
- Client facing role
- Be an active participant in standardising processes and looking for process efficiencies wherever possible
- Opportunities to get involved in non-client related projects including sales and marketing.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
- Dealing with multiple deadlines and prioritisation of tasks to ensure strict reporting KPIs are met.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Three A levels grade A* to C (excluding general studies and extended projects)
- Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to think on your feet
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Great Plains, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
- Experience of accounting for funds (property funds, private equity, investment management etc) highly desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary, £21,000 to £23,500
- Fully supportive of flexible working,
- 25 days holiday that rises with service and with the option to buy a further 10 days
- Comprehensive benefits include life assurance, income protection and pension
- Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
- TOIL for overtime worked