Are you looking to further develop your career in accountancy? We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance and whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
Our client values you as an individual and wants you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. They give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working there enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. They recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in our success. They are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Bristol Global Outsourcing team specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
This role would suit a candidate from either practice or industry environment with 3-4 years’ experience and at least part qualified in either ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
You will work as part of a dedicated team, working closely with, and supporting more experienced members of the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services to our clients. You will carry out various accounting tasks for their respective projects, including more complex accounting areas with support from the Senior. You assist junior members of the team with their work, helping to implement any changes that would make the project more efficient or effective. You may also start to take on some Senior responsibilities such as resourcing, leading client calls and reviewing work prepared by a junior team member or the shared service centre. You will work with a team of technical and non-technical staff and report up to senior executives and client manager.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing postings made by junior team members and management pack preparation for various client entities (or review of pack prepared by the SSC).
- Carry out first review of compliance returns prepared by local offices, including more complex returns. Investigate and reconcile historic differences where issues arise.
- Assisting junior team members with managing workload.
- Helping junior team members with more technical aspects of the work, in an approachable and friendly manner.
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are met with regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements. Ensuring that other team members are responding to queries raised by the client for areas of the project that they are responsible for.
- Suggest and implement process improvements and efficiencies. Drives continuous improvement and gathers suggestions from junior team members for discussion with the Senior/Manager
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Part qualified – ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Three A levels grade A* to C (excluding general studies and extended projects)
- Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Ability to think on your feet
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Great Plains, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with US clients with variety of foreign operations
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
- Experience of accounting for funds (property funds, private equity, investment management etc) highly desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary, £23,000 - £26,000
- Flexible working policies, to include 1-2 days from home and/or early or late starts and finishes
- Flexible benefits scheme including pension, childcare and car scheme
- Clear career path
- 25 days holiday
- TOIL for overtime worked