About the Client
This role is in the Global Outsourcing team (Service Charge) of a top 10 professional services business.
Our client takes pride in their core values which allow you to be yourself - they value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. They give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working there enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. They recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in their success. They are clear on what they expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Bristol Service Charge team is a centre of excellence for independent reviews of service charges. They are expecting large growth over the coming years to add to their breadth of existing clients. They require an Executive to help them deliver exceptional client service to their expanding client base.
About the Role
The Executive will work as part of a dedicated team, working closely with, and supporting more experienced members of the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services to our clients. They will subsequently build on their experience and take part in more complex tasks and work closely with our real estate clients. They will also gain an understanding of reporting engagements and the accountancy guidance provided by real estate bodies.
- Reviewing client responses to the reviews and following up on outstanding issues by phone and email
- Preparation of service charge accounts
- Preparation of accountants’ reports
- Preparation of client required schedules – both internal documents and those to be issued with draft reports
- Liaising with clients as needed, dealing with issues which may arise, escalating to senior/manager as required
- Clearing manager/director review points within the KPI
- Client visits, initially with another team member before making unsupervised visits
- Managing own workload and supporting others to ensure you work as a team and reviews are completed within the KPIs. Become aware of own client’s deadlines.
- Attend client conference calls becoming familiar with the client and issues they may face/need assistance with. Participate in the call for reviews you are working on and find solutions to assist our clients.
- Assist the senior exec with project management tasks
- Ask for help from Senior Exec/manager where you don’t know the answer
- Involvement in non-client projects to develop the department and our service offering
- Suggest and action process improvements and efficiencies
- Ad hoc administration tasks for the department
- Maintain awareness of risk and deliver high quality documents
Required Knowledge and Experience
Our client are looking for someone with a degree in Accountancy or a related subject. They should also have:
- Three A levels grade A* to C (excluding general studies and extended projects)
- Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Experience working in an accountancy practice or other financial environment highly desirable but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Fully supportive of flexible working, agile working offered to all staff including early/late start and finish and a home/office split.
- 25 days holiday that rises with service and with the option to buy a further 10 days
- Comprehensive benefits include life assurance, income protection and pension
- Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
- TOIL for overtime worked