About Our Client
Our client is a renewable energy developer based in Bristol, with operations in the UK, Canada, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland. They were established in 2013 as a clean energy project developer, investor and advisory services company. They a small but growing organisation, based in Bristol, led by a dynamic and driven management team. Through our group, subsidiary and JV companies they have ongoing development operations in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Canada with a global portfolio of energy storage and solar photovoltaic projects.
About the role
We develop utility scale solar PV and battery storage projects in multiple jurisdictions, through a variety of holding companies and special purpose vehicles. Keeping track of group accounts, processing payments/invoices and expenses is vital to the success of our business. Specific functions of this role include:
Statutory Duties – (UK companies
- Payroll processing and reporting (including managing pension contributions & auto-enrolment compliance)
- Single & Group VAT returns & EC Sales lists
- Filing of confirmation statements and updates on Companies House
- Liaising with external accountants to assist with preparation of year-end accounts
Statutory Duties (Overseas companies):
- Filing of sales tax returns for overseas businesses (Canada)
- Liaising with accountants in Ireland, Spain and Portugal to assist with VAT returns and other statutory filing requirements
- Liaising with overseas accountants to assist in the preparation of year-end accounts.
- Bookkeeping for all companies
- Month-end accrual and prepayment journals
- Raising monthly sales invoices
- Processing purchase invoices & raising purchase orders where required
- Preparing payment runs for all companies
- Processing of expenses
- Responsible for ensuring budgets are maintained and updated on a monthly basis
- Cashflow management – Monitoring spend against budget, preparing loan drawdown requests when necessary
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Management of business rates for offices
- Responsible for ensuring recurring landowner payments are made when due
More about you….
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper, ideally AAT, ACCA or CIMA part qualified or qualified, who has experience working independently to cover all aspects of finance.
In particular, you will have the following:
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bookkeeping knowledge & experience, including posting of journals
- Good numeracy and detailed working knowledge of MS Excel / Google Sheets including excellent use of formulae
‘Nice to have’ experience;
- AAT/CIMA/ACCA qualified, or working towards this qualification
- Experience of using Xero or similar accounting software.
- Experience of filing VAT returns