About Our Client
Our client is a charity that offers a range of high quality services to adults with life limiting illnesses and their families and carers. Income to support the charity is generated through a wide range of sources including fundraising and shops. It employs over 460 staff that work across over 50 sites and in the community.
About the role
Reporting into the Senior Finance Business Partner, the main purpose of this role will be to act as a trusted adviser to the organisation, creating real and active partnerships. This role supports decision making within the organisation, performing a high level of analytical work and to effectively partner with Patient Care, Support Services and Commercial budget holders.
Initially, the focus will be on the budgeting and reforecasting processes, improving these processes, data management and analysis. Alongside this the individual will be building and developing relationships across the organisation. The role can then grow to cover other aspects of business partnering as the individual becomes established and develops the role.
In particular, responsibilities will include:
- Support the annual budgeting and reforecasting processes including planning, implementation and reporting.
- Provide analysis and deliver insight to support and influence key operational and strategic decisions.
- Advise on key business planning assumptions, specific issues, trade-offs and identification of opportunities for income generation and cost savings.
- Work with budget managers to provide analytical support, help understand and manage their operational and change budgets, review performance against budgets and targets and forecast future requirements.
- Manage and input into the business case process to support development and monitoring of business cases and report on delivery of business benefits.
- Enable the continuous improvements to Finance systems, processes and procedures.
- Support the development of business performance reporting, including dashboards.
- Provide support and analysis to unit costing, benchmarking activities and fundraising appeals, tenders and trust applications.
- Develop reporting to enable decision makers within the organisation to make better-informed decisions, including understanding of key financial and non-financial metrics and KPIs.
- Proactively support Senior Finance Business Partner with Partnering activities, analysis and processes.
More about you….
We are looking for someone with very strong excel skills, who can develop and interrogate financial models and improve automation and efficiency. Alongside this, you should have a good grasp of accountancy developed by starting if not completing studies for a professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), which will help you to interrogate and analyse the data. In this partnering role, the ability to speak confidently to senior stakeholders in the organisation, who do not have a finance background, and build relationships with them is key.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Part / Fully Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Proven experience working in an analytical role
- Experience of supporting budget holders / working as a business partner
- Experience of budget setting and forecasting
- In-depth Excel experience
- Attention to detail
- Confident and articulate, able to communicate with non-financial stakeholders
‘Nice to have’ experience;
- Experience building relationships with senior non-financial stakeholders
- Experience of accounting / Finance in a charity / not for profit environment
- Broad experience of Financial and Management Accounting, transaction processing and VAT
- Experience in using a mainstream accounting package
- Experience of using a reporting system / application
- System implementation experience