About our Client
Based in Bristol our client is a highly respected, international creative agency. They’ve been in business for nearly four decades and have an experienced and inspirational team of about 70 professionals. An independent, dynamic and friendly company that take care of their staff and offer exciting challenges and room to thrive. They have won numerous awards and work with big brand and high profile clients both in the UK and internationally.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Head of Testing, you will be conducting testing on a wide range of websites and web apps. You’ll also work closely with designers, developers, creative directors, other testers and account managers to deliver complex systems with the highest levels of quality.
Below are some of the tasks your typical day will be filled with:
● Testing websites for functionality, accuracy and adherence to web standards and design.
● Providing input for business analysts and software developers to help review functional specifications and define acceptance criteria.
● Experience at all testing phases from test preparation to test execution.
● Recording and reporting testing results to the project team.
You will be a methodical and super-particular Web QA Tester, with 1-3+ years’ experience (or equivalent knowledge) with a wide range of software projects under your belt. A stickler for proper processes, but totally flexible when it comes to managing your time.
● Demonstrable experience of testing a wide range of websites, with a sound understanding of test processes.
● Excellent problem-solving skills.
● Brilliant analytical skills and knowledge of test-case creation techniques.
● Excellent visual awareness and attention to detail.
● Good understanding of content management systems (CMS) or similar multi-user workflow based systems.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Awareness of software development lifecycle methodologies.
● A team player with an enthusiastic attitude. (We’re a very friendly lot, so we want a professional yet affable person on our team.)
● Able to self-manage to ensure projects are completed on time, and above expectations.
● Flexible, and able to cope with multiple projects at any one time.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced agency with tight deadlines.
Nice to Haves
● Experience of testing Drupal applications.
● ISTQB-certified to Foundation Level or greater.
● Working in different methodologies including Waterfall and Agile Frameworks.
● An understanding of HTML and using browser tools to diagnose issues.
● Experience of API testing, in particular, Postman or SoapUI.
● Database testing experience (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle etc.).
● Some experience in Windows scripting language, i.e. VBScript, PowerShell, Batch Script, WMI, etc.
● Previous experience or knowledge of testing for website accessibility (WCAG AA level).
● Experience of automated testing using Selenium or Selenium WebDriver.
23 days holiday, increasing to 25 – plus bank holidays.
Training and development opportunities – technical and professional.
The chance to immerse yourself in, and learn from, international client projects.
Company pension scheme – P+S contribution of 4%, employees 5%.
Maternity and paternity benefits.
Profit share scheme.
Healthcare cash plan.
Private medical insurance.
Flexible working including core hours, flexible and extended lunch breaks, late starts for business travellers and remote working.
Cycle to work scheme with secure cycle parking (and showers and a drying room at the office!).
Retail and gym discounts.
Quarterly employee awards as voted by colleagues and a chance to reward those who deserve a big pat on the back, with cash or prizes.
Weekly foodie pop-ups in our café.
Regular team socials including free (employee run) lunchtime fitness and relaxation sessions, board game nights and other fun nights/days out.