About the Client
This role is in the Global Outsourcing team (International Accounting) of a top 10 professional services business.
Our client takes pride in their core values which allow you to be yourself - they value you as an individual and want you to realize your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. They give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working there enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. They recognize and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel, progress and share in their success. They are clear on what they expect from you and what you can expect in return.
The Bristol Global Business Services team specialises in providing international accounting services. They now require a Senior Executive to join their team to deliver all aspects of client accounting operations to their growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team with proven career opportunities and clear career path.
About the Role
The Senior Executive will take day to day responsibility for management of their client and dedicated team, to ensure that KPI’s are achieved. They will be able to work autonomously, solving issues raised by the client and their team, and dealing with conflicting priorities. They will have primary responsibility for ensuring that inputs, outputs and project management are of the highest quality. The Senior Executive will be a role model to the junior team members, demonstrating company values and providing exceptional client service. They must also be a team player, working effectively with both the management team and the delivery team.
This role would suit a qualified accountant from either practice or industry environment.
- Production and review of timely and accurate information relating to financial information of clients.
- Ensure that all project deliverables for a client are being met in line with agreed timetables
- Oversee team and ensure adequate resourcing in order to meet said deliverables
- Acting as the main contact point for their client, dealing with issues, responding to client requests and building strong working relationships
- Coach and mentor more junior team members
- Raising issues with managers when required, and providing solutions
- Drive forward process efficiencies and change within the team
- Involvement in new client transitions
- Opportunities to get involved in non-client related projects including sales and marketing.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appropriate attitude to risk to ensure exceptional client service is provided to clients at every stage of the project.
Required Knowledge and Experience
Our client are looking for a senior experienced hire who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance. They are looking for candidates whose strengths are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
In particular, they are looking for:
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA,CIMA)
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
‘Nice to have’ experience
- Experience in coaching or mentoring junior staff highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Oracle, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
- Experience working with clients with variety of foreign operations
- Foreign languages useful but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working patterns available, full time with flexibility, for example early/late start or finish times, 5 days compressed into 4 long days; part time options, for example 4 days per week or 5 days with shorter hours (eg school hours)
- Core benefits include 25 days holiday that rises with service, life assurance, income protection and pension
- Access to a range of additional purchasable benefits including travel insurance, life/health insurance, car and bike schemes, childcare and retail vouchers
- Clear career path
- TOIL for overtime worked