This role is in a South West & Wales Financial Services practice that has trebled in size since 2015. Based in Bristol, our client’s Financial Services operation has enjoyed major business wins across Banking Capital Markets (BCM) and Insurance across the South West and Wales region.
Due to continued growth they are now is looking to recruit an additional Senior Manager with financial services experience to join their Senior Management team.
Key Role Responsibilities
- To maintain and develop a portfolio of clients and advise on strategic issues by understanding the needs of the client, therefore being recognised as a trusted business advisor.
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients.
- Use in-depth knowledge of the client to anticipate and address complex issues.
- Identify areas of risk within clients' businesses, define the appropriate audit approach, know when to refer upwards and apply judgment by effective risk appraisal of all work targeted and undertaken.
- Win work by proactively managing existing clients and targeting new audit and non-audit clients.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques.
- Establish a strong network internally and externally and be regarded as having a strong impact and personally credible.
- Focus on Business Development by identifying and converting opportunities to sell work.
- Pro-active leader of teams, ensure team members are properly managed and motivated and ensure staff needs, including training and development, are identified and acted upon.
- Portrays a clear sense of vision and direction and promotes the Firm's core values.
- Creates a climate of high performance in the team take pride and produce outstanding effort and dedication.
- Align personal motivation/inspiration of others with the business strategy.
- Build cooperation between teams by sorting out issues such as time, money, information flow, structure and competencies.
Key Role Requirements
- ACA / ACCA / CPA / CA (ICAEW, ICAS or equivalent international awarding body) - preferably first time passes
- Degree qualified (or equivalent), ideally in a business discipline taught in English
- Excellent technical and industry sector expertise – specifically financial services, with banking and insurance particularly desired
- Experience of operating as an experienced Manager or Senior Manager level, in the Financial Services industry, with a firm understanding of regulation in an audit context.
- Able to demonstrate Business Development capability.
- Team and peer leadership skills.
- Demonstrate successful relationship management of sizeable clients/projects (e.g. sizeable complex publicly listed companies).