Up to £75,000 for the right candidate with the perfect experience
As a progressive employer, our client is interested in receiving applications from those seeking flexible working arrangements, and is open to:
Flexibility around a full time work pattern, which could include home/office split or early/late start and finishes, will consider 4 days a week
About the Role
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant experience and ability in programme and project management. Your skill set will mean that clients and the existing team will recognise you as an expert in your field, you will be able to both define new projects and will pick up existing projects, running them autonomously to achieve the goals of the project. You will have leadership and management experience and will be able to demonstrate that you are able to lead both change and lead a team.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Review the existing project management and governance structure and liaise with Partners and Directors to redefine project management within Global Outsourcing in Bristol.
- Seek opportunities to remove project management tasks from accounting professionals.
- Take personal responsibility for a small number of specific projects, both larger client facing and internally focussed.
- Report on project status, risks and escalation, both internally and to clients
- Oversee programme delivery for global outsourcing in Bristol
- Manage the existing team of project executives, working with them to develop existing skill sets, and define the future shape of the team.
- Coordinate the allocation of resource to specific projects
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience of implementing a project management governance structure across an organisation, including reporting and implementing a PMO function
- Strong experience in programme and / or project management
- Strong project management and / or project management experience in (in order of preference) a Finance Environment, Professional Services or Financial Services
- Excellent understanding of a variety of project management methodologies
- Excellent working knowledge of Project Management software / tools in order to make recommendations and create efficiencies
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change
- A proven leader with extensive management experience, able to motivate and influence people
- Experience of working in client-facing roles
- Experienced in managing projects both with and without a PMO in place
- An excellent communicator, experienced at presenting at a senior level, internally and to clients. Able to engage and influence senior leaders within the business.
- You will hold a recognised project management qualification e.g. PRINCE2, PMP and will have experienced in its operation